Tuesday 9 September 2014

When friends fall Apart

 


Sometimes you run into acquaintance that becomes friend, then a friend that sticks as close as a sister. A friend that got your back all the time, a friend that would fight your battle behind you and play cool like nothing happened.

Well fate brought me with sweety-sweety as she calls lee boo, a strong woman, one of the most spiritual lady I met, the best domesticated chic I know. Che-Che can work for Africa. She is that 21st century chic that cooks, scrub, hand washes,  pounds and what is more...

I grin with pride, I groomed a strong woman, she is my BFF . The one woman that understands my mood swings, zones, temperament. She gladly steps aside when I hibernate. The only woman I put to test and she stands strong. She even plays along and turns it to a joke lol!   The Betsy that knows when I am worried and my inner mind is troubled? The one person that knows when I am telling the truth and a prank , She reads my unspoken words. It comes out naturally with her.

Oh why has marriage taken a friend from me! Don't get it twisted,  I am happy she got things going for her, her hubby is a good man and father, but he stole her from me. We are close yet apart and that is where the fear comes in. We have unconsciously drifted apart, she doesn't feel so anyway and I have never spoken to her about it.

My undisputed love has moved to my god-daughter. I saw the look in Eva's eyes when I last visited them. Earlier in the day, I read Adaeze Yobo's interview on the sun newspaper and this stamens struck me in particular admits all she said " When the little boy came out of my body, I discovered  that he is my first real love. I thought I was in love with my husband not until I saw my son"  that stamens was deep mehn! I began to create an imaginary image of my children instantly. Lol

Just so you know that I totally understand her feelings, it's only Normal that she gives attention to her family,
but where do I fall in place?
Do we ladies have to leave our friends because of the institution called marriage?
Is it same for the husband ?
Am I been unreasonable?

I feel bad, because she isn't here anymore, though she tries to reassure me of her love and presence, I still feel the space.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder bout dat too,bt it just happens.d funny tin is,d married ones dnt notice it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steffi of hart, does this come naturally with married women?

      Delete
  2. @ope where art thou? Come and commend the picture oooh

    ReplyDelete