Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Seer

Have you ever been snitched on? How do ladies do these things?    I keep asking for the heart to be able to accept a female friend ever. I hope no one learns go through what my heart felt.  I am that lady that gives her all for friends, but I get paid in full, the worst ways. Does this have anything to do with the palm reader?

On one of those days in secondary school, precisely when I was writing my senior levels exams. I sat @ the front row as the sitting arrangement was done alphabetically. I didn't like the arrangement, but your girl had no control over it.  'Twas a one man squad, no giraffe style, no asking of tips, no expo........Kia. Bet God dey sha.

So I sat for my  favorite course, and wrote with a sure intent of getting an A......oh well I eventually got a B. Smiles** ************you know that feeling of being confident and trying to submit your papers before everyone else, so the whole hall would green with envy, yes I walked towards the external invigilator and he returned me to my seat. I tried to make him understand I was a smart chap, that I was the senior prefect and was sure of what I wrote, he declined. Insisting I proof read my work. Well little did I know he was up to something. What is more?

He approached me, "young lady" he said, Sir! I replied.  How are you doing today, are you done with your work cross check ? And series of question ensued. He then brought a chair and sat in front of me. Over my desk. At that point I was tensed, I particularly didn't want to speak with him as he had spoilt my shine. So my answers were monosyllabic.  He noticed my countenance and requested I breath in and out thrice, I did and it sure helped calm my nerves.  So the SEER in him sprouted in force.
 See me see local trouble ooooh, he asked I spread my palms before him, i did. At this point we had a common understanding, my classmate were envious of me. Some were mere curious as to what I could be discussing with an external examiner. Well within  me I was anxious for what he had to say, and his eyes where closed in deep thoughts like he was in seventh haven.

Without flinching he said to me, be wary of friends. I see them giving problems in the future, particularly in your relationship. Ahaaaaa he said! You have a bright future, so bright that you would be needing sunshades my daughter. I see a tall dark man hurting besides you years from now. Heal his wound my daughter when the time comes. Your mum would be back from where ever she is by the time you get home and so forth ...........

Well, did I tell you, mum got home surprisingly same day unannounced? Now that was a shocker. Did a tall man come, oh yes! He did. The only thing the SEEER didn't tell me was not to forget my own heart.
Because at the long run, I found out I was too busy taking care of someone's heart while my was bleeding.

4 comments:

  1. Awww. What a touching story!
    Still you have to mend your heart and soul.
    No one should make you bleed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The issues about female rivalry and betrayal is as old as anyone can imagine. So let everyone beware!
    Though that's not to say men too don't have same issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Womens troubles are too much, rise above hate blink

    ReplyDelete