Thursday 7 August 2014

One of Those days

Dear diary, today is one of those days when I am down again, for no specific reason. So many rumbling going on in my head, the fear of Ebola is beginning to grip me.


I fear for my friends and loved ones in Lagos, the thought of contacting the disease out of innocent handshake and hugs make it more scary.  I mean quite unlike HIV that comes through unsterilised equipment and unprotected intercourse which could be curtailed. Really no One has control over this virus.  This just leaves me with a prayer on my lips.......

Which way my country? We are yet to bring back our ladies back home, I surfed the Net recently, only to find matching pictures of a Chibok girl linking to a female bomber. I doubt she is the one anyway**rollseyes**  and if she is,  what kind of persuasion led her to the Act? Was she under duress?  Was she brainwashed like the sect members?  What would she tell her creator? Doesn't she know that the just judge Watches?  So many questions with no answers.

Little Men of the Boko Haram group is also a great source of worry, it has always been but I almost lost one of the happening chic I know to the Emab plaza Bomb blast. To think that my chic was at the scenerio of the blast which could have lost her life to it, is a source of concern. ( gossip pays)

And so my Chic princess came to spend time with me, yours truly was out for the days job,   While she went in search of greener pasture. In her own words " Ore mi......did you hear of the blast right now?  I am like No. Well it happened in my presence  (panting profusely)  huh? Where are you madam?  I am in a taxi on my way home. I can't find my handbag sef.  Ok dear just relax till I get home Ook? Ok then.

The sound of my car horn made my friend jump out of bed, she hug me tightly saying ......I am taking the next flight back home. Nne kedu ihe mere?  My dear, I find the green pasture, e no gree come, na him I say make I find my boyfriend go Emab plaza.  We got to the phone repair shop, I felt hungry ooh, we were directed to a corner mama put, getting out of the shop, I saw my university classmate calling out for me. I left my bf standing while gossiping and catching up with my gf. he got angry with my attitude but stood still.   The next thing I heard was Gbuaaaaah!(in chiwetala agu's voice) ..........It could have been me"

Duty calls......contd.


No comments:

Post a Comment